Tuesday, July 26, 2016


Hello everyone!  My name is Cindy Shatley and I teach second grade here at the Creek!   This will be my 10th year teaching and I love what I do.   I’ve taught 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th grades.   My favorite subject to teach is math.  I'm currently teaching 2nd grade, and it’s amazing! 

I have been married to my best friend, Kevin, for 24 years.  We have two children:  Chance (23), and Alexa (20).  We are also grandparents to Cooper who is nine months old.   I’ve always heard that being a grandparent is fabulous, and it’s true- I cherish every moment!

In my spare time, I enjoy reading, making jams and jellies, and spending time with my family.   I also like sitting in my rocking chair on my front porch- enjoying the sounds of summer (sounds old-fashioned doesn’t it!!) 

It’s amazing to witness what each child can accomplish and become in one short year.   I am so excited to meet my upcoming 2nd graders – we’re going to have a sensational year! 

1 comment:

  1. By son Tristan will be in your class first year he will have a new teacher! I hope he does well with you look forward to this year!

    ReplyDelete