Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Carol Huffman

Hello!  I am Carol Huffman, the teacher of the most fun class at MCES....MUSIC!!!  This is my 7th year at MCES.  I have taught music for 16 years, at all levels from K to college, and am a National Board Certified Teacher. I graduated  from Appalachian State University in '99 with a degree in Music Education with concentrations in Choral Music and Sacred Music.  I  returned to ASU to work on my Masters Degree in Music Education which I finished in '08.  I love all kinds of music, of course, but my favorite group is U2!  I love keeping up with the new popular music. But when I need to refresh my soul, nothing beats the great choral masterworks, especially the spirituals!


I am married to another teacher, Brian Huffman, who teaches ELA at WWMS.  We have two wonderful boys.  Ben is 13 and in the 8th grade.  He is on the football and baseball teams at WWMS. Caleb is 9 and in the 4th grade here at MCES.  We also have two dogs.  Sparks is a Brittany Spaniel. Buddy is a Yorkie we just adopted last week.  Sparks doesn't quite know what to think of Buddy, yet. We're working on it!








I am looking forward to great year in music!  A goal that I have for the music program is to create a chorus for 4th-5th grade students.  We had a choir camp this summer that went very well.  I hope we can continue to build on the accomplishments this group started.

I look forward to meeting YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment